Saturday 11 September 2010

Windermere

Well, today was our last day in the Lake District, and we decided to go to Windermere, which is a very Touristy town on the biggest lake in England. We drove to Lakeside, at the bottom end of the lake, and took a steamer to the town. We had a good time, and I had a delicious Yorkshire Pudding filled with chips(french fries), gravy and sausage (although I decided not to inquire about its health benefits). Anyways, we have now figured out how to get pictures on our blog faster, so here are some photos from our time in England (The Windermere pics are not uploaded yet so they will come later).

A praying sheep


Me, running in to the Irish Sea


My uncle's studio


Top Gear's studio (British T.V.)



Sand's of Duddon Bay



The Zip Line at Broughton in Furness



7 comments:

  1. Wondering how that Kendle/Kendal Mint Cake tastes, it sounds delicious(BTW, check your spelling peeps, there are two different versions... either Sam or Les&John are wrong--my money is on Sam being right)

    The zip line looks fun, I've never done one: must fix that soon! When are you posting the track you recorded at Mary and David's studio?

    And speaking of posting, Fraser is too lazy to create an account here and post comments, but he is nonetheless following your travels closely!

    One last thing, some of the photos posted come up BIG when you click on them... and others, not so big... we prefer when you can post them bigger... not sure if space is an issue here, but if possible, please post the bigger versions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with matthew on the KENDAL mint cake thingy. Does it taste better in england? Did you go inside the top gear shop thing?
    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  3. More news about life. I unicycled to school and will do it again with james on tuesday. I got the third amulet book, you must read it when you get back. Grade eight lockers are stupid. We get locker partners but the grade sevens don't! }:^( Our class is not yet following your blog but will be soon. Your writing is funny. rotflmaowbmhwat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.) Yorkshire Pudding - Eggs, Milk, Flour, tiny bit of oil... sounds pretty healthy to me.
    2.) It is definitely Kendal.
    3.) I think I passed Marco the precarious young unicyclist on the Maryland Bridge this week and have to say it looked quite impressive. Small World.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! I'm technologically slow but I think I've got this figured out. I've been following your blog and finding it very entertaining! You are a talented and very funny writer. We started our junior race team workouts this week and Cam and I shared a laugh about your fashion statement with the shorts, hiking boots and long socks! Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time! Photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I mention that the Pudding was filled with chips(fries), gravy and sausage?

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF YOU RUNNING THROUGH THE IRISH SEA !!
    :)

    ahaha,
    minakwoczynska
    p.s. lily and jaelan miss you!
    (and so does madrin)

    ReplyDelete