Thursday 30 September 2010

Charlecote

Today, my grandparents took Mhari and I to Charlecote Park, a National Trust property. National Trust is a charity to which people donate big manors.  The Trust looks after the manors and puts museums in them, they also do parks and stuff. The House was very interesting, built in Tudor times but with Victorian decorations. It was very interesting to see how people lived back then. One of the most interesting rooms was the drawing room, which was where Queen Elizabeth I slept when she stayed there. There are no photos on our computer yet, but you can Google Charlecote Park if you want.

After Charlecote Park, we went to the local organic garden store, (my grandparents are avid gardeners), which happened to be the birth place of the organic gardening movement. So we went and looked at their gardens.

Then finally we saw the house where my Dad was born in Binley Woods near Coventry.

No comments:

Post a Comment