Thursday 16 September 2010

Bath and Glastonbury


We have been staying with my Uncle Peter and my Aunt Angie for the past two days and we have been having a great time. The first day we went to Bath, which is an amazing city full of history.  First, we wandered around the city taking in all the amazing Georgian Architecture (My favourite part of the city).
 King's Cross

Then we had lunch at Marks and Spencers, and finally we went and saw the Roman baths which were pretty cool (and my sister's favourite part).

The next day, we went to Glastonbury to see the Tour of Britain (a cycling race). We got there really early so we had time to wander around Glastonbury and climb up Glastonbury Tor. Glastonbury is a very alternative town.

 The high street reeked of incense and there were lots of hemp products for sale.  On top of the Tor it was so windy that if you jumped, you would move about half a foot, and a couple times I was blown off the path. 

The bike race was amazing. It was a lot of waiting around, but when the cyclists came by it was thrilling. If you want more details follow the link to my parents' blog on the left hand side.  I'm sure my dad has a lot to say about it. 
Bradley Wiggins
Me and my dad on T.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment