Friday 10 September 2010

The Lake District





The taste of fish and chips lingers in my mouth as I write. We just got back from a day trip to Barrow-in-Furness, an industrial ship-building town up North. We went to the town museum, wandered around town and of course, we drove past a tiny yet bustling chippy and had to stop. The food was great and it was about as authentic as you can get. Anyway, the past few days we have been doing lots of hiking from our caravan in the Lake District and eating tons of Kendal Mint Cake. Yesterday we hiked up the Old Man of Coniston, a classic Lakeland climb. The view from the top was amazing although it was quite cold. The day before that we did an easy walk to the Swinside Stone Circle. It was quite cool but it was no Stonehenge. I think if I have the chance I will return to the Lake District when I’m older (although not for the hiking, but for the Kendal Mint Cake). I will post more photos when I have more prolonged time with Internet.
The Stone Circle


Our Caravan


It's cold up high






Mmmmm...


1 comment:

  1. FRENCH FRIES :)
    hahaha,
    and isn't it called : STONEHENGE? not THE STONE CIRCLE?

    -minak

    ps. how are you going to pass grade eight?

    ReplyDelete