Sunday 29 August 2010

Iceland





Well, we have just spent three days driving through the Icelandic country. We drove all the way from the south end to the top of the country, we had tons of fun once we got our car. We saw loads of cool things like volcanoes, lava fields, geysers, hundreds of waterfalls and thousands of sheep. Some of my favourite things were… When we hiked up a mountain way up north, went swimming in completely geothermal hot tubs, (In Iceland all their hot water comes straight from the ground so there is no effort to conserve it, in the hot-tub there were two pipes, one that had a constant flow of water coming in, and one with a constant flow of water going out.) and walking up a volcano. I also learned that Icelanders like three types of chips (crisps) only, Salt, Sour Cream and Onion, and Paprika. I made an iMovie about Iceland but I could not get it on my blog(I will keep trying though) so for now, here are some photos.


Our Car

My dad in the Blue Lagoon

Our Hike




Inside a Volcano














1 comment:

  1. Well what other types of chips would you want?? Love the photos Sam, particularly the one of your Dad's face mask! Enjoying your posts and living vicariously through you from Ottawa!

    ReplyDelete